Somewhere between peace and pieces

This is my journey of rediscovery. At 40 years old, I think it's time I became the person I wanted to be when I grew up. Join me as I struggle with my weight, parenthood, my faith and romance. My life is an open book - grab a low-calorie snack and a bottle of water and join me as we turn the page.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Countdown to Sunday

The year started without me. I can't begin a diet while there's still junk food in the house and I can't do the right thing and throw it out. So I've been eating hot dogs and pizza and frozen popsicles, which by the way, aren't even a favorite treat. But they're there. It's crazy, I know. Kind of like smoking an entire pack of cigarettes before quadruple bypass surgery just to get rid of the temptation later.

I am starting my diet Sunday, after dinner with friends Saturday night. My last hoorah! I feel confident this time that I will be able to stick to it and incorporate the exercise that I've discovered is a very important part of the dieting process. We so often define diet as limiting our intake of food, but it's so much more than that. It's not really limiting, it's readjusting. Changing our eating habits so that we consume more healthy foods, in quantities that satiesfy us without being excessive. And it's about movement - getting the blood pumping through our veins. Burn those calories! Burn baby Burn!

And the final part of a diet is probably the most crucial. More important than food intake, more important than exercise - it's support. You have to surround yourself with a great support system. We get fat on our own, and technically, we have to lose the weight on our own - no one can lose it for you. But a good support team around you makes that process all the more easier.

So thank you to my support team - the girls (and guy!) of my fatsmashing yahoo group. You guys are the best! We can do this!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna... you can do it! We have faith in you! One day at a time... one hour at a time... one minute at a time... stay strong!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home